Security software

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyroball

Banned
Do you guys consider security suites as worthy software to use or is it best to get individual ones that specialize in what they specialize in?

Also, which security suites do you consider the best and which individual ones are best at what they do. I am talking about firewall and antivirus that is.

thanks all.

I don't use a software firewall, even have windows firewall disabled. for antivirus I use symantec corporate and Avira. for antispyware I use Spybot. I actually have ran or tested nearly all the recommended av's and as's. avg is another really good one. to answer you original question, I stay away from suites

AV: Nod32 (desktop) / Eset Smart Security (laptop)
Firewall: Comodo Free Firewall (desktop) / Eset Smart Security (laptop)
Antispy: Spyware Blaster, Spyware Terminator, Spybot, Ad-Aware, among others

What do you all use personally for both of these?

thanks all

Those thread Osiris linked to hold this answer. We all posted what we use right in there. No need to make a duplicate of the same topic.

Cheers,
Mak

A couple of the same people also voted for more than which is the reason I posted this. Please don't be offended Mak.

thanks all.

Gyro,

I am not offended. I am just stating that most people voted and gave their software as well. Some did not. But those are teh best places to get answer for security software over having basically the same thread in a different area. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

I see you voted for avast and comodo, is that what you use personally or do you use a suite. If you do, which one?

thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom