Second OS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingwolfie

Beta member
Hello all, I have a question. I have an HP Pavilion dv9500 notebook PC with two 140 gig hard drives. I would like to install a second operating system on the second hard drive for two reasons. My first reason is that I'm practically out of space on my OS hard drive, for I have X-Plane on my computer, a flight sim that has taken up about half of the space on my hard drive. The second reason is COMPATIBILITY ISSUES! Of course there are so many things that don't work with Vista, so being able to have both Vista and XP would be nice.

So, is there a way to install a second Windows operating system? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Carter

Thanks, I knew how to do it, I just didn't know if it would work, or if it would mess something up.

Okay, so, I tried to install it on my second hard drive both ways, by trying to boot from the disk and install and putting the CD in and install. Neither are working. If I do it from Vista the "Install Windows XP" button is greyed out. If I try to boot from the disk and install it says that it cannot install it and it makes me restart my system...

WTF is happening? I've installed an OS before and it cooperated just fine....

You'll probably need to either slipstream SATA drivers with nLite or load them when it says "Press F6 to load SCSI drivers".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom