second mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
harley3344 said:
yes there is for ur function, not what im talking about, i need multiple mouse pointers and 1 mouse per pointer. your talking about virtual computers. http://www.thinsoftinc.com/download/setup.exe thats what ur thinking of or synergy i forget which one connects 2 pc's keyboards and mouse or if its betwin

...I Didn't know you could have two users using one PC simultaneously on software alone.

Yes, Thinsoftinc was the method I was referring to (except their method is purely software based).

Synergy is a type of remote desktop software which allows one user to control other computers over a network, from one PC. I'm doing this now using TightVNC. It doesn't allow simultaneous use of one PC.

I understand what you're trying to do. You have two monitors connected to your PC, and you want software which enables you to use two mice on your system, one for your friend, and one for you, so you can both use your PC at the same time, right?

BeTwin from http://www.thinsoftinc.com does just that. You've just researched it yourself. It allows you to use one graphics card with a dual head (which is your current setup) as well as multiple graphics cards.

You can't get just a program which will add an independant cursor for each additional mouse you plug into your system only, you need software which will divide system resources, this being the processor, graphics etc...

My opinion, there's no point. PC hardware is not designed to do this, they are specifically designed for single user multitasking, not multiuser multitasking.

Yes it's a cheaper solution than buying multiple PCs, but the overall system performance will be very poor.

no wrong again,,, I NEED 2 MOUSE POINTERS WHICH I CAN CONTROLE BOTH, my friend being over just gave me the idea. with betwin I must pay 100 and it doesnt do what i want. with betwin i must open the program 2 times and one will not cary on to the other. wat i want is 1 user logged on for example, in photoshop have 2 mice because i have 2 hands and 2 eyes. I can controle both pointers and be 200% faster then with the 1 mouse alone ive also tryed mulitplemouse but with no sucess :)

Re:

Hello,

Okies. Whether you control both mice, or you control one and someone else controls the other, it is still the same thing...just different hands on different people.

As I know, Microsoft Windows GUI and applications are designed for single user multitasking utilizing one cursor only. I don't think it is a widely developed idea, and so I don't think that it's possible, or if software exists, I don't think it will have high compatiblity and stability with applications.

So, I think the only way you're going to be able to have two mice on one PC, each with their own independant cursor, is by using software like BeTwin from http://www.thinsoftinc.com. But then obviously this would require two users in a multiuser environment, and defy the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom