Searching for Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexandermcmill

Baseband Member
Hey guys.... i just built a comp for my little sister (12 years old) as a birthday present from my parents (and me) to her. I got everything set up but now my mom is asking me to help her do the following things. I need a program that can regulate the time a certain program ( ie: MSN Messenger, Games etc...) is used or where u can set up a certain period of time when that program can be used. So therefore i could enter that ie: MSN messenger can be used from 5-7 on weekdays and 5-9 on weekends. The program also needs to be able to limit internet surfing and stuff like that. It also needs to have a friendly user interface and be easy to use as my mother is not very good with computers.

Ps: Needs password protection....

Thankx

what operating system is on the computer if it is XP you can set up the parental controls in IE to limit her web surfing. As for the log on times i dont think you can do that without a domain controller try looking for some third party software.

WalnutMon
This is a legitimate question that deserves a little thought. If you are going to be a smartass and use snide remarks, please go elsewhere. You've been formally warned..... trust me when I say that you will be the only one laughing if you offer anymore spiteful and disrespectful remarks.

He's just another assinine troll out to cause trouble and should be banned as such. I saw him earlier today posting similar comments on another forum - harware I think.

Thanks for your input Lone Wolf. Rest assured that we will take action when needed.

-Mike

that was one of the ones listed in the site provided, I think. It had about 10 of them or so rated and compared side by side.

I do appoligize, I didn't realize the soft skinned nature of you guys... I will refrain from using any kinds of humor in future post... again, I am sorry... but it was a funny joke, and ya can't disagree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom