SE7505VB2 XPsp2 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlittlebear

Baseband Member
I know this board is a little old now. However I need to reinstall 15 of these boxes with XPsp2. I have 6 with no OS and some came with an OS that have to be reloaded.

While trying to install XPsp2 I have the driver diskette in the drive and it loads fine to see the HDD and format it. Though when it go to "creating file list to be copied" stuff it stops after that saying it can not copy the data from the diskette. I have tried this with XPsp1 with no problems. Though we do not have an official copy here, that was just for a test, and these boxes do not have access to the internet. I have tried this multiple times with different media/machines, always the same result.

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7505vb2/

I have checked the intel KB and found nothing of use, the board is set up ATA in the bios, and has the latest BIOS.

Any ideas at all will be helpful!

not to format to load the drivers. It uses an Sil 3112a onboard raid card. I have used drivers from the CD that came with the boxes and from intel site.

or you can use nlite too. warez you should check out the latest 1.0.1 final version. it does everything

last time I used that program and took advantage of all its features, it screwed everything up so I havent been back since.

OK tried both apps. I could not figure out how to insert the drivers with autostreamer, but with nlite I was able to make the disc and finally see the HDD without a driver floppy. However after it does the initial setup from the CD, then the comp. reboots I got a BSoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom