scripting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I went to install a program and got a message telling me it could not be done. I sent the message to the company and they said my scripting is disabled. They gave me a microsoft link and it says this:Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.
When I click on another link it says this:Loading script <script name> failed. I clicked on several of their links and none worked. What do I need to do to enable scripting? Thanks.

Hmm... doing this at work? This is usually (as MS states) a security or network problem. What program are you trying to install? Also, try just googling WSH, thats the common accro for it. What is the exact problem when trying to install? Is that the only error... or is that error happening when trying to access there trouble and support site. Give as much detail as possible. If its just a matter of it being disabled, the easiest way to enable is to download this:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/noscript.exe

and run noscript.exe. Select to reenable it. If it says its enabled already (you'll know, itll ask you if you want to disable it... if it does, its already enabled) then the problem is probably with security or network related).

It is now solved. Someone gave me a download and it fixed the registry. I don't know for sure how but it did. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom