Script to prevent mic muting

Krisspy

Beta member
Hey! I have issues with my mic auto muting. I found a script to lock the sound at 100% but I still need something to prevent sound muting (example in the screenshot below)
a538d5ab13.png

(the sound muting is the picture on the right)

Anyone got some scripts, apps, etc?
thanks!

Well, why is it automatically muting in the first place? I'd say fixing that would be better than having to have a script constantly running to make sure it's not muted.

Well, I've tried fixing it. I've used antiviruses to scan the drives, I've restarted plenty of times, tried changing the properties, I went in the peripheral manager, etc. At first it only did it while and after I used Teamspeak but now it's 24/7...

What audio software do you have running on your system? Does it happen randomly, or when you do a specific action? Have you tried reinstalling your audio and/or mic drivers? What audio chipset do you have, according to Device Manager? What mic are you using?

I am betting the software in question is Realtek HD Audio. I was having the same issue with mine. I ended up downloading a different version of Realtek drivers than those for my mobo (6.0.1.8036, I think) and it seems to have done the trick (thus far).

What audio software do you have running on your system? Does it happen randomly, or when you do a specific action? Have you tried reinstalling your audio and/or mic drivers? What audio chipset do you have, according to Device Manager? What mic are you using?
Not sure what you mean exactly by audio software, it does happen randomly but tends to happen only after I use something like discord, skype, etc. I've tried updating the mic drivers but not uninstalling them. The chipset is named AHCI SATA standard and the microphone is a HyperX Cloud integrated mic (although I've tried with diff headsets and the same happens).

I am betting the software in question is Realtek HD Audio. I was having the same issue with mine. I ended up downloading a different version of Realtek drivers than those for my mobo (6.0.1.8036, I think) and it seems to have done the trick (thus far).
That may be the case but I'm not sure what audio software I actually have, how should I check?

That may be the case but I'm not sure what audio software I actually have, how should I check?

Open up Device Manager. Expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" entry. You will find it listed there. For example, mine shows:
  • NVIDIA High Definition Audio
  • NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
  • Realtek High Definition Audio

If you do have Realtek, check the version number. You will find it on the Driver tab for Realtek in Device Manager (double click the Realtek entry then click on the Driver tab).

NVIDIA HD Audio, yeah that's what it is.
I seem to be lucky today though, mic hasn't been muting. I'll still try to do what you tell me though. So, what should I do?

What are your full system specs?

Do you only have the nVidia audio option listed in device manager? What driver version are you on?

I'll have a full specs list with the drivers and all ready soon but I'm fairly busy atm. Sorry for the wait.

Back
Top Bottom