Screenblast acid 4.0 and sound forge 7 won't recognize cd drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
In and audio broadcasting machine we have screenblaster acid and sound forge that have been working for the last couple of years. A couple of weeks ago when we went to record it says no devices. What is causing the conflict? The player will play cds and we also tried a new one but it still does the same thing. It is on an xp pro machine. Can anyone figure this one out?

Well what have you done? Update drivers? Update software? Scanned the system for everything and anything?

Updated the drivers should not be an issue because if it worked for as long as it did drivers are not the issue unless they are corrupt. The cd drivers work for everything else except these two programs. I may need to reinstall the programs themselves and try that.

You even said yourself your tried a new one. The drivers should be updated when a new version becomes available. Leaving a driver on jsut because "it works" doesnt mean that it will always work.

What do I need to update the drivers on. I have updated the realtek audio driver but don't know for sure what driver you are talking about that would affect the programs for not recognizing the cdr?
When I go into the device manager there is a yellow question mark under the usb and it also says when I plug in my flash drive that the usb 2.0 is not functioning?

It could be the drivers for anything used in the system. Espically those used for the purposes that you are. Sound recording. So check for Mic driver updates...it could be the RealTek driver. Anything.

The USB means you have not isntalled teh Chipset drivers for hte mobo which would also cause this.

You need the chipset drivers. That will solve the USB Device Manager issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom