Screen Saver wont come on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michowski

In Runtime
I have my screen saver set at 10 minutes and moniter to come off in 15. All the sudden recently my moniter wont turn off and the screen saver wont come on. It was an all the sudden thing. I havent changed anything either. Any idea's on what I can do to get my screen saver back on?

hum....not really. It might have reset for some reason.

First of all... why would you reply to this post if all your really going to say is "hum....not really"? Second, the screen saver reset itself?
What you could try doing if you havn't installed anything new in the past little while is a system restore... just restore the computer to a previous existence when your screensaver was working. Its worth a shot and if It doesn't work you can always undo the system restore.

I left my laptop off the rest of that night. Started it up and still didnt work. I then was doing some stuff and rebooted then all the sudden its back on now and I have installed or changed anything. It just comes and goes as it pleases. I havent installed anything while this has been going on. Ive reset the time on it when it wasnt going on, and still did nothing. For now tho it decided it wants to work.

i was going to cover the basics for him, i acctually did some looking and solved the problem, so lets see, i'll wait for you to solve the prob since your so smart.... the system restore will probably work but there is an easier way. Im waiting

Dude... I'm not playing any games with you. I don't swing that way sorry. Michowski... happy to hear its working right now!

I left my laptop off the rest of that night. Started it up and still didnt work. I then was doing some stuff and rebooted then all the sudden its back on now and I have installed or changed anything. It just comes and goes as it pleases. I havent installed anything while this has been going on. Ive reset the time on it when it wasnt going on, and still did nothing. For now tho it decided it wants to work.

It could have been waiting for a update. It could be that the screensaver file got corrupted. there are many things that could have gone wrong here. Since you sy you were doing stuff when all this happened who knows what it could have been.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom