Screen resolution problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killersam19

Beta member
I don't know if this is the right part to talk about this, but i have a problem with my screen resolution and i need help. I have Windows 7, and a Nvidia geforce 8600 gts, 1gb memory. Every time i start my computer my screen resolution changes back to 800x600 and i change it to 1280x 1024 back. It started happening awhile ago when i tried to dual boot Wins7, and Xp, but it wouldn't work, so i just used Win 7, and it started around that time. I went online and looked up if other people had the same problem, and i got a couple ideas from the answers but they didn't work. I didn't a virus scan and i didn't find anything, i got the newest driver for my video card and that didnt help. I took out my card and put it back in, and that didnt work. I thought mabey was directX 11 wasnt compatible with my card, but when i got DX9 it still did it. Before i tried to dual boot, i was using Windows 7 and it never did this. So i need help, im really sick of changing it all the time.

Hi,

When you downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver, did you uninstall your current graphics driver first? If not, re-install the latest drivers from Nvidia after uninstalling your current graphics driver from your system.

Try setting the resolution in both the NVIDIA Control Panel, and Windows 7's own display settings at Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution, restarting your computer after setting the resolution in each settings panel to see if the problem persists.

Also, check to see if Windows has been set to boot in low resolution mode using the basic graphics drivers. In the search field of the Start Menu, type 'System Configuration' or 'MSCONFIG' and hit enter. Once the system configuration window opens, click on the 'Boot' tab, and under 'Boot options' ensure that the 'Base video' option is unchecked. Click 'apply' then 'ok'. Restart your computer to see if the problem persists.

OMG!! Thank you. I had the base video checked. Thank you thank you thank you, ive been changing my resolution for almost 4 months. Thank you again. You are a genius.

OMG!! Thank you. I had the base video checked. Thank you thank you thank you, ive been changing my resolution for almost 4 months. Thank you again. You are a genius.

Hehe. No problem. Should have come here 4 months earlier! :p. Glad I could help :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom