Screen Flicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze664

Daemon Poster
I have had this for a while and havn't paid much attention to it. When I start certian programs(Hamachi mostly), Right Click on Avi, Mpg, Wmv files...the screen will go off and come back on. It also does it each time during boot up.

Tryed Formatting, Driver Updates. Didn't work.

Post a list of the running processes.
Right click on the start bar --> task manager. Or press CTRL-ALT-DEL --> task manager.

flickermn6.jpg

Teamspeak, MSN, Word, Paint and Outlook are rarely used.

Can you open up task manager again, right click on your AVI/WMV files that are causing the problem and see if any additional processes are loaded?

It could also be your graphics drivers causing it. Load the display properties, disable additional monitors if you do not use them, and disable the desktop context menu under Tools in the Nvidia settings.
Also try installing the latest Nvidia drivers (www.nvidia.com). Also do this if you are sure you already have the latest.

Also try starting your computer in safe mode and see if it happens there, too (press F8 just before Windows starts up).

Do you use any programs, like PicaView, that play videos in your context menu, or any other tools/plugins that install additional features or menu's in your context menu? (the menu when right clicking).

Check the monitor cable, mine flickers because it looks like it's really damaged. If yours is damaged, get a new VGA cable from Newegg

I had the same problem, try going into msconfig and unchecking the nvcpl under startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom