Scratched DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyear99

Solid State Member
Hi

I have some very scratched DVD Movies, yes I know I am careless :p I have tried to back them up onto DVD-R's but no luck keep getting errors in DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. What annoys me is that the movies play fine on my dvd players. I was wondering is there any program that I can use that will just ignore the errors/guess what is supposed to be there and make copies based on this?

I guess I need a program that handles/ignores errors...

I found this on another forum and I've heard many people say that it has worked for them as well.

Both scratches and scuffs can be removed by the same method - by polishing them out using Brasso. Engineers have been using Brasso as a polish for plastics ever since it was released as a polish for brass. Use the Brasso in the normal way. A drop or two is usually sufficient (one tin will last you a lifetime of great listening!).

Use a soft clean cloth to rub the affected area with the Brasso until the mark is almost gone. Polish scuff marks radially. Scratches are best handled by rubbing along the direction of the scratch. With a scratch it usually is not necessary to polish it completely away - just clean it up enough for the laser to be able to see through it.

Finish up by letting the Brasso dry on the surface, then use a fresh soft cloth to rub it off. Just for good form's sake, do this last stage radially. Remember radial scratches won't generally interfere with the tracking mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom