Scheduling Apps to run automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

How can I schedule CCleaner, defrag, antivirus checks, etc to run automatically so my family doesnt have to run it while I am gone?

Thanks.

Is the system XP or Vista? XP has a schedule task manager. I dont think Vista has that though.

To do this in Vista:
  1. Go to Start menu.
  2. Click on Accessories. Select System Tools folder.
  3. Open Task Scheduler. (Task Scheduler can also be opened from Control Panel's System and Maintenance group.) In Task status, you will see the system tasks running that Vista has scheduled to run automatically, at various times, depending on the system settings.
  4. Now select the Create Basic Task entry in the Actions pane. Task Scheduler will open the Task Scheduler Wizard dialog box.
  5. Enter a name and optional description for the task you want to set up. Click Next. A window will open where you can designate the frequency of the task you are scheduling. You can also enter the time you want the program to start and designate the day of the week for the program to begin. Select Next.
  6. Task Scheduler will now ask if you want a program to run, an email to be sent, or a message to be displayed.
Which window you see next will depend on the action you selected above. If you select a program to run, Task Scheduler will ask you the location of that program. Provide the proper location and click OK. Vista also provides various options like running the scheduled tasks even if you are not logged on to the system but the system is switched on. Another feature not available in the previous verison of Task Scheduler in Vista include the ability to schedule the sending of email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom