Scan Disk Keeps Restarting My Computer In Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-E-O-1985

Baseband Member
i ran window Scan disk on windows XP and it told me it will run the next time i restart my pc... well i restarted my pc and the windows XP logo come up and then scandisk starts.... just when scandisk is about to start a blue screen comes up with a very long message on it and then my computer restarts.... the message flashes very quickally... too quick for me to read it and the whole process starts again.???

need help????????

thankyou

boot to safe mode. right click my computer, click properties, click advanced tab, click settings button under startup & recovery, uncheck auto restart after system failure, click ok, click ok reboot.

post the stop error

this is the exact message that appears......

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damagae to your computer.
if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps:
check that you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message disable driveror check with the manufacturer for sriver updates. try changing video adapters.
check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select save mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF76EEF62, 0xF7C855F8, 0xF7C852F8)

*** NDIS.SYS - address F76EEF62 base at F76D4000, Datestamp 3d6de4c3

please help... i dont know whats going on... it only happens when i scan disk.. just when scan disk is about to start my this above message come up.... and my computer does the same again... and it keeps on restarting.. non stop.... thanksguys.....

what kind of hard drive do you have? head to their website and see if they have a hard drive ultility. you can try powermax in my sig, but for some reason it won't check some hard drive for errors

you obviously have a hard drive or memory error. try memtest86 for memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom