saving a video from a web page to hard drive - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Both links work for me.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I figure it out. your link had worked. it just took about 90 seconds to kick (it didn't say buffering while waiting, which threw me off) in

Old 03-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Sui
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
I guess this went over your head

lol that process I gave out of what to do was in responce to the person who started this thread. You said that doesn't work for flash objects. My point was that I wasn't trying to help him steal flash objects, only video. Certain files may need a different strategy of theft. I personally have never tried taking a flash object, so I don't know the exact process untill I do need it(what for I don't know).

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
I wish I knew this. I ask this question on the forum before

I want to save this
http://www.wimp.com/starwars/

It looks like an animation video to me
....easy

Real media has always been a pain, there is a way to save the file, but I don't know where to find the proggy anymore. I didn't know anyone was still using rm format.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sui
. My point was that I wasn't trying to help him steal flash objects, only video.
LOL.....

you was only helping him steal video. you should help us steal the flash stuff too. just joking

My point was I was letting poeple know to use frontpage for flash video. he ask how to save video. video is video be it flash, wmv file or real one, cartoon or live. Wmv it

everyone wants to know how to save flash videos, because of the cute animations. I have been wanting to save them for years. Warez Monster show us how.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #55 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I just found an easier way to find the code.

when you paste the whole page in frontpage, head to the video. then right click the video. open that movie version properties ( like for flash, I open the "movie in flash format properties" ) click general. it's right there in the soure URL.

also in IE under file click edit with frontpage. it 's easier than the copy and paste

Closed Thread