saving a video from a web page to hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found my Office 2003 disk. I installed Front Page. I tryed to do what you suggested, but I dont know my way around frontpage or how to do these things. Could you please explain it with more detail so I cna figure it out.

Thanks

EDIT: I have been able to copy and paste a page into frontpage, but I dont know where to go from there, how to find the video file and such.

Warez Monster said:
If you have Frontpage, here is what you can do. The page and video you want to keep, hit ctrl a, ctrl c, then paste it into Frontpage, then go to the codes and look for the file or address, copy and paste the link in your browser, save the file and its now yours. Almost any file. You might have to do some searching, but you will find it. Works great on Flash movies and intros.

You gotta look for www.xxxxx.com or whatever the name if the file or vide. Do a search for it, it wil go much quicker. Also, try this...say on the webpage you want to download the movies, above the movie link it might give you a description of it and below the description is the link to download it, look for the description in the coding and below it will be the link.

Not every webpage is set up like that major. Some have the video file in the webpage. This does not work with other links I gave at the begining of this thread.

guys the reason they do that is so you can't do what you are trying to do. The security bypass that has been talked about here is not something you should be doing.
if you want the video, look for it elsewhere. Otherwise, live with it as is...

Inaris said:
guys the reason they do that is so you can't do what you are trying to do. The security bypass that has been talked about here is not something you should be doing.
if you want the video, look for it elsewhere. Otherwise, live with it as is...

wooowww......

You act like we pirated some software or something.

since there have been answers given, I don't feel so bad about hijacking this thread....

It's not too far from it, to be honest. You are bypassing a security measure, no matter how simple, that was not supposed to be bypassed. Website do this so that they can get hits and have return visits. Why bypass it if they spent the time setting it up so you can't. Just to have a personal video collection? or so you can post it for your own website in hopes of doing the same?
just my thoughts on it...

I just like that star wars song. I just want it for personal use. I'm not going to use for anything, but to show people the video. it took me over a week to find that video in my temp file, last time.

I remember when I first got into computer 5+ years ago. it had way more infomation than it does now and everything was free. once certain kind of people got into office the mindset for everything changed. now it's all about making money and security measures. they now charge for the old free stuff. and they make you a criminal if you do anything that they don't like.

I like the old world which existed for hundreds of years without any problem

So did I, but times change, and so you have to adapt. There are still other sites that have the data, you just have to find them...

Here is the file you want to save. This is one was fairly easy. All you needed to do was right click the movie, click properties, then copy and paste the url in the web browser and it will ask you to open it or save it. Since know one else wanted to do it, I did it for you.

DanceWhiteBoyDance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom