Saving updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
I was gonna do a format and reinstall of XP Home. My only problem is that I don't want to download all of the updates (especially SP2) because I'm on dial up and it would take a long time. I know that I can get a CD with SP2 in the mail.

My questions are:
1) Can I save the updates I've already gotten?
2) Does the SP2 CD come with all the previous updates?
3) Can I download the updates from school (fast internet connection) and burn them onto a cd to bring home and install?

SP2 will update any version of XP. If you have the master install of XP (no service packs, etc), installing SP2 will build you up to spec.

So, any updates that came out between SP1 (which is what I have on the installation CD) and SP2 will be covered when I install SP2?

OK, so I kinda answered my own questions after doing some digging around the microsoft website. I guess I'll share my newly found knowledge in case someone else wants to know.

SP2 covers everything since SP1, so no updates in between are necessary. Also, SP2 (along with a bunch of other things) can be downloaded without installing them, which would answer my third question.

And, thanks Shoobierat for the reply:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom