Saving Favorites?

NoCoolNames

Baseband Member
I save websites into my favorites folders,but every so often some mthrfkr or something similar seems to get into my system and delete them and I have to start over. Are there any ways I can save these elsewhere as backup? I guess I'm going to just have to everytime I save one, save it in multiple places as well...

If you use Chrome or FireFox, you can sync them to a cloud storage account. With Chrome, you can sync them to your Google account.

If you use Chrome or FireFox, you can sync them to a cloud storage account. With Chrome, you can sync them to your Google account.

I think this may still have something to do with this persistent evil hacker I've been dealing with,and will deal with big time...anyway they also got into my cloud so I'm not as trustful of that now.

I think this may still have something to do with this persistent evil hacker I've been dealing with,and will deal with big time...anyway they also got into my cloud so I'm not as trustful of that now.

So someone has your passwords? first thought, change them? :cool:

So someone has your passwords? first thought, change them? :cool:

First step would be to scan system(s) for malware to make sure they're clean, and then after that reset passwords. But, who knows if that's really the case here, until OP describes his issue(s) more.

First step would be to scan system(s) for malware to make sure they're clean, and then after that reset passwords. But, who knows if that's really the case here, until OP describes his issue(s) more.

It was a joke, given he says they use his icloud, you more than likely have there password.. so a change would fix that... But yes he needs more details :cool:

Beecause we've been having problems with them for almost 2 damn years and can't shake the fkr...
Again, and you have evidence that somebody is doing this how exactly?

Should be common knowledge that changing passwords is probably the least effective thing for hackers...

...wut? Um...no. Just, no.

1. Ensure you have strong passwords that can't be brute forced. Passphrases made up of normal words are best, and even better than "mixed" passwords (because they're more easily remembered). If you keep resetting your password to something that can be easily guessed, then you'll keep having problems.

2. Ensure your system is clean from malware. This should be common knowledge.

2.1. Don't open any attachments from people you don't know; even then, confirm with said person to make sure they did indeed actually send you an attachment or link to something.

3. If you do indeed think somebody is still getting into your system via a backdoor, then you'll want to reset your public IP by unplugging your modem from the power source. Varies by length of time to do this - could be 30 seconds, could be 30 minutes. You can verify by checking your public IP before and after power cycling your modem by visiting a site such as IPChicken.

Back
Top Bottom