Save icon in Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Lol, has anyone noticed that Microsoft word still has a diskette icon for the save button?
With diskettes bring long obsolete now, I think they ought to replace it with a flash drive or something along those lines. I just thought that was interesting.

Ever notice that the CD and DVD icons look exactly the same but one has DVD under it?

Yea, they should have taken the opportunity to change that when they changed everything else around in the 07 suite.

ye, i just thought it was funny how they still left a diskette on there. Some kids these days dont even know what a diskette looks like.

I wonder for how much longer will they keep that on. Would be an interesting thing to watch.

Everybody recognizes that as the "save" icon for it though. Probably didn't change it because they knew everybody knew what it was supposed to symbolize (regardless of what it actually was).

Carnage is right. It has been used in Office since the early days. If they would switch it some people would get confused. They may not use floppies anymore but changin it to a flash drive would help either. What if you are not saving it to a flash drive?

Just one of those things. Probably something you wont ever see changed.

Yea, that logic DOES make sense :) Buuuuut.... you would also think that they would leave the main menu the same after 10 years... lol I mean, they have reached a whole new audience mow and the amount of users from 2003 to 2007 I'm sure was a LOT more of an improvement than that of 97 to 2003 ... then... they change EVERYTHING around ... Sally McSilly...

True. This is really the first time that they used icons for Office. The rest used the drop down menus if memory serves me right.

They could have designed a better icon without a doubt. But for the most part it is recognized as the universal save icon. Just did a google image search for save icon. Guess what the very first image on the results is? Yup a floppy disc.

Office 14 still hasnt hit beta. When it does if i am invited i will suggest a better icon. How does that sound?

Please just call me Sally. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom