SATA (New [RAW]) - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moja

Baseband Member
Hi there.

I decided to format my newly built PC for several reasons, and basically....

I booted the computer from the Win XP Pro CD fine, it ran its little setup thing which takes a couple of minutes, and I pressed "ENTER" to continue to install Windows XP Pro. There are three Hard Drives on this compute "C:" & "F:" which are both SATA 74GB Raptors (C: for OS and F: for gaming files) and a 250GB IDE Western Digital HDD (purely for storage) all three formated [NTFS].

Now then, it asked me to create a new partition on the C: (were Windows was already installed). So I deleted the current partition and created a new one, the only thing is it creates a (New [RAW]) partition, and WIndows XP wont actually let me install it to this drive (as it doesnt recognise it i guess?) - anyway, I dont know were the problem lies in fixing this. Specs of my machine are as follows (not that i think it helps much):

DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
1GB Dual Channel OCZ RAM (2x512MB sticks)
XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3
2* 74GB Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptors
1* 250GB Western Digital 7,200RPM

I think that's all you will need to help me with this, if you need any additional information, don't hesitate to ask, and thanks very much in advance,

Moja

Ah its sorted now thanks anyway

For search purposes - all you need to do is unplug any additional drives connected to your computer (ie if you have 3 hard drives connected, disconnect the 2 you dont want the operating system on) and then it will allow you to format it and install Windows XP etc

Moja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom