SATA installation/NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmatt2020

Solid State Member
I just finished putting together my new system. I have two 400 GB SATA drives and two 250 GB IDE drives. When I tried to install windows on either sata drive, it said that the drive did not contain a windows xp compatible partition. I was finally able to install windows without the ide drives connected, but I can only boot into it if they are not connected. If the ide drives are connected, it says NTLDR is missing. What do I do?

Athlon 64 3700
2 GB DDR400 PC3200
Antec 550w
Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

[boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

I'm trying to look this up now, but when it tries to boot, it says

NVIDIA Boot Agent 202.0467
Copyright...(blah)
Copyright...(blah)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

find your sata drivers. they either on a floppy disc or they are on your mobo cd. copy them to floppy

when you go to install windows, hit f6 at the beginning. it will ask for the floppy. insert it. bam, your hard drive will be recognized now

drmatt2020 said:
I just finished putting together my new system. I have two 400 GB SATA drives and two 250 GB IDE drives. When I tried to install windows on either sata drive, it said that the drive did not contain a windows xp compatible partition. I was finally able to install windows without the ide drives connected, but I can only boot into it if they are not connected. If the ide drives are connected, it says NTLDR is missing. What do I do?

Athlon 64 3700
2 GB DDR400 PC3200
Antec 550w
Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

[boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

set your boot order to your sata drive in the bios. the previous instruction was for make your sata install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom