SATA Drivers to Floppy? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to HeeRoMaKi Send a message via MSN to HeeRoMaKi
Default SATA Drivers to Floppy?

I just orderd an SATA Hardrive, and was told I need a floopy disk with SATA drivers but my Mobo came with a cd for drivers, not a floopy, I been reading the book but see nothing about SATA drivers just tells me how to plug something into the SATA slots and such. so how would I go about finding out what I need on the floopy? as I will be installing windows on the new HD as these old ones.. are old and not working right. my mainboard is a MSI K8N Neo4 Series MS-7125 (v3.x) ATX ..any one know where I would go or where on the cd the files will be? I explored the cd but, don't see a SATA folder...or anything like that

Edit: Think I found it sorry for post! K8N Neo4-F (PCB 3.0) was the best i could find but for some reason i thought thatw as something else which is why i couldn't find it myself, but I see it has two picutres, one that does have the same colors as mind.. so pretty sure i found it sorry!

Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thumbs up Re: SATA Drivers to Floppy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeRoMaKi View Post
I just orderd an SATA Hardrive, and was told I need a floopy disk with SATA drivers but my Mobo came with a cd for drivers, not a floopy, I been reading the book but see nothing about SATA drivers just tells me how to plug something into the SATA slots and such. so how would I go about finding out what I need on the floopy? as I will be installing windows on the new HD as these old ones.. are old and not working right. my mainboard is a MSI K8N Neo4 Series MS-7125 (v3.x) ATX ..any one know where I would go or where on the cd the files will be? I explored the cd but, don't see a SATA folder...or anything like that
Again, i'm not familiar with your board but sounds like you don't need the drivers off a floppy. My asus mb is like that. XP or Vista load without any drivers installed. In the old days, with mb's, it was necessary to have a floppy drive with the sata drivers on a floppy disc.
Good luck.

Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
Old 07-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: SATA Drivers to Floppy?

if you do in fact need the drivers on a floppy (which i did personally.) here's the site for the drivers for your chipset. NVIDIA Drivers

you'll need to find one that has to do with SATA and RAID configurations inparticular, you'll also have to extract the files you need and put them to floppy. if you can't find anything go to support and send them an email, i'm sure they can lead you in the right direction. Good luck!
Closed Thread