Samsung X360 won't go to sleep in Vista Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
All of the sudden my Samsung X360 will not go to sleep properly in Vista Ultimate. The screen will turn off and the lights are still blinking but nothing will be happening. I am forced to do a force restart. I checked and all settings are set and sometimes it will work but most of the times it fails. Before it used to work fine 100% of the time. Please help me out!

Check that the Sleep button is assigned to "Sleep" the computer, it may have been changed to do something else

Control Panel > Power options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Power buttons and lid

That may be the problem, probably not, but worth a go :)

Also just checking, you do have SP1 right? Cos before that my Vista always crashed when sleeping

Sp1 with all the updates are installed. Settings are correct and even a manual sleep command from the start menu won't do

I think it could be the display driver that's causing the issue since when I restarted my computer I got an error message saying: "Windows has recovered from an issue with a display driver" than the pop-up goes away. I have the latest drivers installed straight from Intel.

This is what I keep getting from time to time

error-1.jpg

May be its the OS...(Vista is a Pain in the neck)

Try switching back to XP SP3:D

Look, I am not gonna got that route with you but I don't plan on using an OS that's 6 years old.
I am pretty sure it's the Intel driver now since I updated it started doing these things. But the reason I updated to the new one is because it fixed some issues with 720p video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom