SalePlus! CAN'T GET RID OF IT!

Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "Tools" and click "Extensions". Locate "SalePllus" and "Wheretoget", select these entries and click the trash can icon.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the saleplus, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Tools. From the opened menu, select Extensions. In the opened window, select Settings (at the left corner of the screen). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Show advanced settings.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset browser settings button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.

Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select "Tools" and click "Extensions". Locate "SalePllus" and "Wheretoget", select these entries and click the trash can icon.
If you continue to have problems with removal of the saleplus, reset your Google Chrome browser settings. Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Tools. From the opened menu, select Extensions. In the opened window, select Settings (at the left corner of the screen). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click the Show advanced settings.
After scrolling to the bottom of the screen, click the Reset browser settings button.
In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.

Did all of this. When I reopened Chrome, all the SalePlus extensions magically reappeared. Also, what's "Wheretoget"? I don't have that extension.
Sorry, but this suggestion didn't work.

Did all of this. When I reopened Chrome, all the SalePlus extensions magically reappeared. Also, what's "Wheretoget"? I don't have that extension.
Sorry, but this suggestion didn't work.

That's why I keep suggesting to run those scans (in Safe Mode) ;).

1. Done. But every time I close and then re-open a browser they re-activate.
2. Done. See above.
3/4/5. There is nothing in programs that look like SalePlus or SourceApp. If I look according to date installed (it would have been in the last 5 days) there is NOTHING. grrrr....
6. I'll try Malwarebytes again but I'm not holding out much hope. I've ran it, full scan, three times in the last couple of days and it comes up empty.
7. Done. Nothing there.
8. Surfright? Okay.

BTW, what is epicscanpronice.in? That's another pop-up adware screwing with things. Going to search that next...

Anything you don't recognize delete it from add/remove programs from control panel.
Also malwarebytes standard edition will get rid of it, be sure have this version 2.1.6.1022.
Also this is proof malwarebytes did find it and eliminate it, took me a week to figure out everything.
Malwarebytes%202161022%20quarantine%20items_zpsdc69kpho.png

Anything you don't recognize delete it from add/remove programs from control panel.
I'd amend this to say "anything that you don't recognize, look it up to see if it's a valid install or not," rather than just straight up "remove it".

Last edited:
Looks like AdwCleaner took care of business. Was able to run this earlier today from Safe Mode and no more sales ads popping up. I'm going to run Hijackthis! just to make sure. Thank you, caranageX!

No problem, glad to help. Glad to hear AdwCleaner got it.

Yeah, run HJT as a double-check and post the log here, then I'll analyze it for you and see if it's clean. Run it in normal mode, though, rather than Safe Mode.

Might not hurt to run another AdwCleaner scan in Normal Mode as well, just to see.

Back
Top Bottom