Safe mode issue or dangerous problem with safe mode WTF now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I'm having a real bad problem with xp,
Over the past week I had to reinstall XP last week because windows locked me out of my own system. I had rebooted into safe mode to check for a hardware problem, plus before that problem occured I had bought a 3 month old 20 gig hard drive from a friend of mine at college he didn't tell me that the disk lock up's every once in a while. When the hard drive try's to read a sector on the hard drive and when it does it will do this it goes: tick, tick, rick, brack! brack! its nothing dangerously loud.... whens it loading heavy files or programs that are over the size of 125MB it act's like its going to have PC heart attack.........

But anyway, every time I restart my PC and press F8 to Log into safe mode I get the BSOD ( which means Blue Screen of death) I have reinstalled XP 4 times over that past 2 months either due to the system locking me out or file corruption with the OS.... each time windows installs, safe mode is working perfectly but when I put my BU files and programs on it after a week or so safe mode is once again F***** up.......!

also my old 10 gig has the same problem plus I can't use it now because it is slow and can barely handle the stress of my work, examples: ROM hacking, college work. internet playing minor space hogging games, website development minor video editing and word processing. after all that I just named that is on my 10 gig HD I have 4.92gigs left. since I have 20 gig I can do alot more now if its possible.....

Can anyone give me a clue on how to manually fixed this inside of windows or lead me to a site with this exact same problem and solutin ?

MadMikeXP

P.S.

also keep in mind that I can't buy a new hard drive just yet I have to scrounge up at least 80 dollars just for 40gig HD also my system is completely maxed out.... which means I can't upgrade it aymore.....

The first thing I would do, is get a new HDD. That could be your only problem. I have a HDD that I cant install windows on, for some reason, it ust wont load, so I used another drive, loaded XP, and formatted the other drive winthin XP and used it as storage and there are no problems. So thats what I would do.

If you cant buy a new hard drive yet then your probably out of luck.That is most likly your problem.Ive screwed around with alot of old hard drives and it will just drive you nuts.If its making noise like you say its toast.

From Warez monster. The first thing I would do, is get a new HDD. That could be your only problem. I have a HDD that I cant install windows on, for some reason, it ust wont load, so I used another drive, loaded XP, and formatted the other drive winthin XP and used it as storage and there are no problems. So thats what I would do.

I have a question to ask, I tried to slave my old usefull 10 gig hard drive on my computer about 6 weeks ago and I made sure that I had all my cable connections correct and when I powerd up my computer both hard drives came on at the same time. However, my 20 gig hard drive loaded the OS first and when windows xp started up I look into My Computer and I saw that my old 10 gig wasn't recognized at all, I rebooted the machine and went into bios and it said in the drive list: 1. CD-ROM, 2. Floppy, 3. hard disk 4. none. I change the forth item to hard disk so that I could access my hard drive from windows however it didn't seem to work out right ? can someone tell how fix it so that I can 2 disks operational in my disk correctly ?

here are my specs:
and please don't tell me I need a new machine I hear that from friends at school and I don't need to hear it from you guy's.
I won't be getting a new one until I graduate from college soon.

Gateway essential
Micro ATX case
433Mhz celeron
20 gig HD
256 MB ram
floppy
52X LG CD-ROM
48X LG CD-RW

Are you sure you have the slave set right? If you do, try taking out the jumpers and see where that gets you. Then do to diskmgmt.msc and see if you can see the second drive in there

Hey guy's thank you for your help and appreciate that you tried to help me with my hard drive problem, but I have some bad news.
Yesterday when I was trying to make my 10 gig hard drive a slave and 20 gig hard drive a master, my 20 gig was showing its final preparation to die...... when I was working with my PC from 7:00am until 11:30pm yesterday my HD wasn't being recognize by my PC when it finally booted up, the OS and master boot record was corrupted I couldn't write to the 20 gig for jack S***.
it made a constant beeping noise when it tried to load the HD drivers and messed up OS. I change some wires with new ones gave it new jumpers to boot correctly afterwords it rebooted and said invalid diskette- put disk in and press enter.
I left it alone for about five minutes, came back to my room and tried to fix that blasted HD. At around 10:30pm it finally died..... luckily my old 10 gig HD passed all of it's test and there were no bad sectors on it and no errors if I can get my cousin to get me a 40 gig HD for my PC later on maybe things will be different

as of right now I just down graded from a 20 gig HD 7200rpm to a 10 gig HD 5400. I swear I wish had 9 milimeter shot gun to put this thing out of its misery.

Thanks warez monster and splatoid for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom