Safe mode blue screen/borked laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaricloud

Golden Master
Alright, I figured I'd post in here since my current problem is trying to figure out what's up with windows.

I have a laptop here that is most likely laden with viruses. Whenever I try to boot into normal mode, it just hangs when loading the profile. Every now and then I'll get a couple errors...virtual memory low, svchost can't load, etc etc. Never fully loads.

Going into safe mode, with or without networking, I get a BSOD. Here's the STOP error:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF9FD1528, 0C0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now, I read Mak's guide to stop errors, as well as googled it, and all fingers seem to point at inaccessible boot device...but it still loads XP and the profiles if I boot normally (minus the hanging when opening profiles), I only get this error booting into safe mode.

By the by, the taskbar/desktop loaded ONCE. For a split second. Then disappeared. I let it sit there for an hour to see if it was just loading slow, no such luck.

I stumbled upon BartPE in my search for ways to scan the hard drive without booting into windows, but I'm having problems with that too, namely finding current info and plugins. Anyone know much about that?

So...help? D:

I did...completed, said it found one or more errors on the volume. Which isn't surprising, every time I try to boot normally, I get the "checking for consistency" thing.

I would look into backing your data then. If you get that message every time you boot, the system is trying to tell you something.

Well, it could also be telling me that I'm force shutting it down every time I turn it on, lol. The only way I'd be able to back up my data is to strap it into my desktop, which I can't because it's laptop IDE and I don't have a converter. (boss's laptop. eep.)

I just burned a BartPE disk, and I'm going to attempt to clean using that, maybe I'll get whatever it is junking up the virtual memory, or at least enough to boot normally. I believe it supports USB drives, so if I have to, I may be able to back up some stuff through there if I need to format/replace the HDD.

Not so. I have had to force shut down my system quite a few times recently due to the Win7 Beta and not once have i been prompted by this Check Files message. I have forced it myself, but never did the system prompt for it.

Hopefully you can get something done with the BartPE Disc.

Not so. I have had to force shut down my system quite a few times recently due to the Win7 Beta and not once have i been prompted by this Check Files message. I have forced it myself, but never did the system prompt for it.

Hopefully you can get something done with the BartPE Disc.

Fair enough. The disc seems to be working great so far, I've been able to access specific profile's msconfig, and I'm running a HijackThis! right now. So this was a good find, haha.

Update on what's going on: I attempted to run a pendrive avast, no luck. Didn't catch anything. Posted a HJT log in the log section. Disabled everything in the startup in msconfig, and spent 8 hours defragging a 30gb drive..it was bad.

Still no luck, can't get into safe mode or normal mode. Though when I logged into normal mode, an IE window popped up, which was new. But explorer.exe still didn't execute I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom