Safe Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
Can't get into safe mode, XP Pro Sp3 with a HP Compaq dc5800 microtower, F8 doesn't do anything it jus starts up, F2 nothing, F9 boot menu, F10 Setup, F12 Network, no safe mode though any help will be appreciated. I'm tryna run scans under safe mode because it might be infected.

F11 at startup (when you see the splash screen before windows starts) for yours.

Each manufacturer is a different button, most commonly used ones are DEL, ESC, F8, F10 and F11.

i'll try the others cuz F11 is Recover forgot to write that.

No Go, as soon as I hit the ESC and DEL button is jus takes me to the F11 Recover and if I press them again it jus skips the F11 and goes to start up

Ahh, HP's website says F8. Sorry i just googled it and saw F11 and didn't read which it was. F8 is supposed to get you into safemode.

Sometimes if you shut down the PC at startup (force shutdown). On the next bootup it will give you the option of safemode.

An easy solution (if you can get into Windows) is to open up MSCONFIG and go to the Boot tab. Select Safe Boot and whatever variable you want with it. Hit Apply then OK and have it reboot. To get back to regular mode do the same thing and uncheck Safe Boot. ;)

I am having a similar problem where I can't get to the screen that shows "Start Windows in Safe Mode/Start Windows in Safe Mode with Command prompt/...."

The problem is when I choose to start in safe mode I get to the screen that says what drivers are being loaded and then it it will stop at the same one over and over but won't continue on. I have let it sit on the one driver for 5 minutes to see if it was just a slow process.

If anyone has a clue as to why this happens I would love to know.

Thank You

Never mind I have finally gotten safe mode to start, but a problem has arises from the solution. Now I can not delete the folder's that I have been trying to delete forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom