Is it safe?

Vengeance

Baseband Member
Is it safe to move EVERYTHING onto my D drive, then, since I'll have those files on my D drive, delete everything from the C drive so I can use the C drive for games and the D drive for other stuff?

How can I easily wipe this, every time I click files to delete I have to go into the security and enabled myself to delete it?

If you OS is on the C drive, then you will not be able to delete everything. But moving your files to the D drive will work. I have an 120GB SSD for my OS and essential programs, then a 320GB HDD for my files, games, etc... So if that is what your wanting to do (or something like it) then yes it can be done easily enough.

Edit: By "wipe" do you mean slick your drive and reload the OS? Or simply move and/or delete files?

Yeah, my OS is on my C drive. Would it be easier to re install it to my D drive, or just use my C drive for everything except games and then use the D drive for games?

And I meant delete everything completely from my C drive since I copied it to my D drive but I just realized that it had been installed on the C drive.

+1 to Carnage

By default Windows uses the C drive unless you specify a different drive in the very beginning when you start your install. But for simplicity sake I would leave the OS on C and use D for everything else.

Yeah, I decided to do that. It's just that I heard from somewhere that there will be some problems with putting games on the D drive, but aside from installation error, I can't think of anything.

If there are problems, I have not seen any. I have all my games on my D drive; to include all my steam games and everything runs fine.

Back
Top Bottom