S Video connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
My office PC on the video card hasa round connector between the rectangular DVI and serial connectors. My understanding that the round one is S Video and can be used to connect a PC to a TV to send images to a DVD recorder on the TV. Am I correct and what sorts of software work with the S Video connection?

You just need the correct Video driver and a TV that has a S-Video connector. No special software needed.

Video driver for the PC? A Video driver for the TV? Can I use the S Video to use a TV as a comptuer monitor? Was in a trift shop yesturday saw some fourty inch TVs for somethig like $20. If they have an S Video connector I could probably use them as a PC monitor?

Video Drivers for the PC. Have you ever had to update drviers for your TV?

Yes you can but you better make sure the TV has a equal resolution to your Monitor. It wouldnt make sense to use a TV that had less resolution than you current monitor. I mean you really dont want to have to use a 600x480 resoution now do you? Jsut so you can have it on your TV?

Plus TV's do not have the attention to Details that Monitors have. Unless you plan on using a HDTV for this. Any other TV will not be as shape as your Monitor for game details and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom