Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
Ok guys this might be a little confusing so bare with me.

I am working on some software for a remote ATM/Kiosk that needs to work 24/7 w/o someone being there to check on it. Now on to the problem.

I need the machine to have no popups. I'm not just talking IE popups, but all popups including balloon messages, error messages, etc. I have been able to eliminate most popups with registry settings, however, I have found a new popup which is not covered in these settings. The error message is as follows:

Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: ...........

abnormal program termination

{OK}

The program that it pops up on doesn't matter because it is a custom program designed to make that exception popup. What I am looking to do is disable this window and just have it do a silent shutdown or keep running. I contacted microsoft and they gave me two options. (1) to add a segment of code to the application that is causeing the error and (2) editing the C Runtime Library and rebuilding it. The first option is not posible because the application is a third-party app. and this only will correct the message for that application. I am looking for a fix for all apps. The second option is possible but not preferable. I am looking for a registry value to keep this popup from well popping up :) If anyone has any suggestions they are well apreciated and welcomed.

Also if someone needs to see the error message I could post a screen shot with the message. Microsoft told me that it is the two dll's msvcrt.dll and msvcr71.dll that are causing the problem.

If option two is my only option. I was wondering whether someone could tell me what CRT files to look in to comment out the exception message for both of the above dll's.

If anyone needs more info please let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Aaron

Thanks for the file it does fix a couple more that haven't happened yet but it still doesn't fix my current problem. I've attached the error popup message. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• unhandled exception error.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom