Runtime Error 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnz

Beta member
Hello folks..

Occasionaly on starting the compiter I get : Runtime Error 32 at 13146118!
What is this about and is there a cure?
I hve a Presario 6025RSH (Radio Shack) with Windows XP that has the Service Pack 1 downloaded from Microsoft. (From reading your posts I see this should be noted.)
I know NOTHING about computers and PANIC when ANYTHING happens. Please be "gentle"!
Thank you in advance. Regards, Jack

You will have to post a little more info as to the exact error that is given please..

mobo..
Thanx for looking. When starting the computer by using the power button and when the desktop screen is displayed; a box appears on the screen with the message: Runtime Error 32 at 13146118. That's all it says. I can click it "off" and still use the computer or repower a couple times and the error box doesn't show up. It can go days before it pops up gain. I asked Compaq about it a month ago and they said something about look in the registry and check start up things against a definition type website. I looked but really didn't know what to do!

Right after I posted this question I TRIED to simply format a floppy disk in Drive A: and couldn't. It said something like the drive was "being used"? This was the FIRST time I have used that drive since I got the computer over a year ago. I really don't know if it EVER worked. The CD-RW and the DVD Drive work ok!Norton says no virus but I got rid of some weeks ago. Three days ago I installed Spyhunyer from Enigma and it found a bunch of nasty stuff! Their popup blocker alone was worth the price! I have had the Runtime thing for months! I hope I have given you somekind of clue. Thank you, Jack

I think this is a vbruntime error,(Visual Basic) See if Windows update has anything to help.Something you have might be looking for eg: VB40032.dll.

stan-the-man...t
Thanx. I'll try looking for updates.

Would you know what the trouble is with getting the Floppy Drive to formant a disk?
Regards, Jack

Maybe

1.Does It show in My Computer as A floppy drive.
2.Can you read one.
3.Did you close the write protection in the corner ?
4.Could be a bad disk,there very cheap now.
:)

stan-the-man
When I put a disk in either the CD-RW or the DVD drive a menu pops up. When I put a floppy in drive A: NOTHING happens! I have to got to My Computer then right click drive A:.I click format, get the message about losing information and click it. Then get a message that it can't format because "something about the drive being used"? Somehow thru "Help" I used troubleshoot for the drive and the controller and they were ok!
Thanx, Jack

Finally got it

johnz said:
stan-the-man
When I put a disk in either the CD-RW or the DVD drive a menu pops up. When I put a floppy in drive A: NOTHING happens! I have to got to My Computer then right click drive A:.I click format, get the message about losing information and click it. Then get a message that it can't format because "something about the drive being used"? Somehow thru "Help" I used troubleshoot for the drive and the controller and they were ok!
Thanx, Jack

Cd drives have autorun,floppys don't.
It's good to see you help yourself and use Windows help.
Good Luck,call on me anytime.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom