Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Okay so i just downloaded Street Fighter 4 benchmark utility, just released by Capcom so you can see if your PC will run the game, but every time i launch it i get this error:

error.png

I have no idea why it's doing this, everything else runs fine.. games etc.
Running Windows 7 RC1 32bit. I've got C++ 2005 Library installed too, and tried running the benchmark executable in Administrator, and compatibility mode for Vista and XP. But still no luck.

Any help appreciated.

This has happened to me and a few other people I know, the solution was to do a registry cleaning. I'm not sure if there is any other way, but that worked for us. I used CCleaner, any reg cleaner should work I think.

Well maybe trying to run it on a Beta OS that it is not being listed as compatible with is a start.

Point being?

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error question

Maybe this will help shed some light on why i said that.

this error indicates that the program you're trying to use was built with Visual C++, but you need to work with the vendor of the program to resolve the error - the Visual C++ product team doesn't know why your game doesn't work, and neither do the members of the Visual C++ programming community.

The Benchmark was created and made to work on Windows XP and Windows Vista. You are running it on Windows 7. A totally new and different Operating System.

Yes while there are many drivers and Vista ready applications that do work, that does not mean everything else does. Try installing Alcohol 120% without having issues. Wont happen.

The program was not made or designed to work in Win7 and can easily be getting this error because Win7 uses DX11 according to the DXDiag. Which could easily throw your game benchmark for a loop since it is not designed for use with DX11.

So now do you understand why i said that? It wasnt to be a smart alec, it wasnt to be condesending. It was a legit comment cause of the fact it is very true. Not everything works in Win7. Just about any Virtual Drive software gives you problems up front but works after a restart and possibly even a tweak with the services running.

That is why it is a Beta. I have seen others say that they can get it to work, i have seen the results say as much. But with a Runtime Error there is nothing to go by to troubleshoot. You have to contact Capcom and see if they can use your error to help make the program better.

Running a Registry Scan with CCleaner might help remove the defunk entry that caused it, then again it might not. But there is nothing to go by.

I have seen answers for removing all startup entries in MSconfig, to installing the latest version of the C++ runtime Libraries. There is no way for any of us to tell you exactly what it is. Here is my search results that i used.

Try installing all the C++ runtimes you can. See if any of them can be of help. I would test it myself for you, but i cant get any of the 2 sites i found to download the file. they are swamped.

Okay thanks.

Yeh i understand what your saying, but every single game i have (and i've tried many) has worked flawlessly. Even much older games that use DX7, so it just seems odd a game that isn't even released yet and thus very modern doesnt work.

By the way, i can install daemon tools virtual drive and it works straight the way. Windows 7 says there are compatibility issues, but there isn't, it works great. No need to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom