Running programs from seperate HDD after OS reset

bevolasko

Baseband Member
Most people have the SSD/HDD configuration where the SSD is soley reserved for the OS and the HDD for applications, game software and media. The downside to this however is that if you need to reset the OS, the software installed on the HDD won't usually run and may be considered corrupted by the OS.

Now, I have my C drive wiped out and I have a few steam/origin games installed on my HDD. Is there a way I can run the games without reinstalling/downloading them?

Is there a way I can run the games without reinstalling/downloading them?

Depending on the size of the game installations provided by steams backup.
You could move some of your games you play most to a external drive for archiving and restoration when needed.

Amazon.com: Verbatim 8.5 GB 2.4X Double Layer Recordable Disc DVD+R DL, 3-Disc Jewel Cases 95014: Electronics

If you have no way to backup your games you may have to do it the old fashion way like everyone else and redownload again. :/

For Steam all you have to do is launch the Steam exe from the Valve folder. No need to redownload or reinstall Steam.

For Origin, you need to download Origin and install it, then go straight to settings after login and point the program to where your Origin games are installed. After doing this restart the program. Now click download on the games and most of them will go straight to install. They may apply a small update. A select few (older titles usually) will want to redownload the whole game.

As to other programs you'll want to reinstall them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom