running cs source and internet radio more smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypcbroke

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, I love listening to Pandora radio and playing Counter Strike Source at the same time, but it's not working too well. Whenever I do this it runs so choppy it's unbearable, and I can't play without my jams :(
PC specs ;

Gateway,
Pentium 4 2.2ghz
1 gb corsair ram
radeon 9800 pro
120 gb seagate hard drive

Both processes take up 116k memory usage or so, more or less.

Anyways, anyone know how I can keep these working together better?

Hello,

Upgrade to more RAM. That will be your best option to do this.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

What else do you have running? Do you have AV, Firewall, MSN and a bunch of other things running as well? Your best bet might be to shut down everything but your AV, Firewall, CSS and Pandora. But it also depends on which web browser you use. Caues Firefox can crawl up in resources when in use with a site like Pandora. Since it is a heavy GFX site.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

What else do you have running? Do you have AV, Firewall, MSN and a bunch of other things running as well? Your best bet might be to shut down everything but your AV, Firewall, CSS and Pandora. But it also depends on which web browser you use. Caues Firefox can crawl up in resources when in use with a site like Pandora. Since it is a heavy GFX site.

Cheers,
Mak

Yes I use firefox, the things I have running in my tray are AVG, Steam (of course), ATI driver program, windows firewall and mouseware, basically everythign I need unless shutting down the ATI will help, but it only takes up like 2k resources. Will running pandora in IE be better?

Didn't work at all. Frames dropped a lot even though it was taking up much less resources.

Hello,

If running that brought your FPS down. Your only choice will be to either A) get more RAM or B) not stream music while you play CS:S.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom