RPC server unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Hey guys...

I havent bin on here in a while... but yah im having prob's listening to music on my comp... whenevever i go to open my WMP [windows media player] it like just flickers allot and doesnt work.... so i have to CTRL +ALT+DELETE its ass but yah and whenever i try my other proggy for listening to music its like 'The RPC server is unavailable' ......any help TEAM??? haha well ill check up on u guys in a bitt... lets get this shizz solved so i can get my trance going on FEEEL THEE VIBEEE... haha ya cya guys

hmmm, wasn't the RPC Server issuses that microsoft was having involved alot with the blaster and love worm/viruses?

Have you ran a virus scan lately?

pshh everything gibbles... microsoft sucks.. but life goes on ya know?? im to lazy 2 use any other OS's im still pretty much a nube but yah i dont really feel like un'installing anything.. lately ive just bin puting stuff on my mp3 player from my comp and listening to it.. just kinda gets annoying having to all my music onto 256 mb's but yah... it comes up as an error message saying like.... 'The RPC server is unavailable' ive bin looking but cant really find out what an RPC is so yah... founding out what that is would probly be a start

RPC is "Remote Procedure Call"
This is used in many functions givin' the 2000 and XP OS.
I have written a dozen programs using this local technology and see now that it being WIDELY used by applications using the "net".

I personally would uninstall Windows Media Player.......
Along with a HEFTY virus scan I would.......
Install Spybot Search and Destroy (can be found on Google.com)
Install Adaware (can be found on Google.com)
Get rid of all the unwanted sh*t and then re-install WMP version 9. Get all the sercurity patches and yadda yadda...

RPC has NOTHING to do with Windows Media Player Unless You click on "Media Guide" or "Radio Tuner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom