Roaming Profile from Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Alright, here's a technicality I need cleared up.

What we've got is a Citrix Server that gives everyone their own desktop. The way its currently set up, it works by them just doing the User Name and Password routine thru the client. On the IBM side, this seems extremely redundant. This summer, we're also converting most of our lab to IBM.

My question to you folks (specifically 2000 server/domain), is whether or not you can use a Citrix-Defined desktop with roaming profiles defined at the server level. This way, all the crap they save on the desktop is saved to the server, and not to the LOCAL CLIENT.

Personally, I'd say to not allow a customized desktop, because it detracts from productivity, but the Network Admin doesn't see it the same way I do. It also doesn't make sense (IMHO) to have a Windows 2000 server rendering to 2000 domain-capable IBM's; save the bandwith for something else.

Thank you much for replying. If there's a lack of coherency, I apologize in advance.

You know, with a roaming profile the desktop is saved onto the server by default. If your goal is to have the users profile and desktop follow them around, you don't need to have the citrix server running just for that reason.

I'd setup the roaming profiles for the users and configure the citrix server to handle remote connections (remote control of the computers)

That might be benefitial for you as an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom