"rnaapp"? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
try command. or click start>programs>and click on command prompt or Dos... writen in yellow, red and some other color.

i had to type

cd\windows\system

to get into it but i extracted the file it did all the stuff like overwriting but when i restarted rnaapp is still there :(

No sucess on that one, bummer

question...

some one else told me that i should have un/re installed dial up networking before i extract the file i never did that i only reinstalled the network drivers.

Should i reinstall dial up networking? If so how? and why because there is nothing in that folder besides 'make new connection' and 'walmart connect'...

well, when you removed the client for microsoft networking, dial up adapter, and TCP IP thats pretty much what you did. As long as you removed ALL things from there, and then added back in ONLY client for micro networks, dialup adapter and TCP/IP... thats all you should of put back in. Anything else there will mess up the bindings (don't ask, long explanation).... so just make sure that you DID infact remove all the above stuff (that long list you put in here), and nothing was there. Then with the win cd in the drive add back in what was listed and THEN extract that stuff. After that there are a few other things we will try....

The list of items in the network window are legitimate items and are quite similiar to the items in many of my computers. the bindings you refferred to will handle themselves. I have accepted the default install of many items in this list for years and have had very little problem. I do however have a problem with rnaapp.exe sticking on my laptop. and when I find a solution I will post it here. It may or may not help you and it may be a complete reinstall (the common fix for a lot of windows problems).

I dont think any body really knows of a sure fire fix for this problem accept a scatter gun attack or try anything until something seems to work. our personal skills do not help us in this situation, just dumb luck. do a search on google for "rnaap.exe" and see what everyone else is doing for problems with this fine peice of microsoft engineering.

removing items in this list that you dont use probably wont hurt but if you are having difficulty extracting a cab file you may run into other problem down the road. as you probably dont know what you need and why. the learning curve to become self sufficient with your computer is quite steep at the beginning, and you will become quite familiar with the process of reinstalling windows and the format cammand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom