Ripping a DVD to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I just thought alcohol had a way to shrink a dvd too. I knew that way. I use alcohol to copy 4 dvds at a time when I'm in mass produce mode

To shrink. The only thing i can think of there is to mount the ISO within Alcohol and then edit the ISO and remove the Extras and stuff like that. But to shrink it i use DVDShrink.

alright, so I use dvdfab to create an interchangeable .avi file.
Do I click on Dvd to DVD > write data?

I'm using Platinum trial btw...

It won't let me choose which folder I want to save it to though....

Well it lets me make an ISO of it, It's not exactly matching the DVD size, but I can't complain. I'm going to try and mount it.

Does anyone know, that if I rip it on a dvd disk, will be be the same as the original?

If its dual layer going to single layer no. You will have to take the movie only.

I think if you take a single layer to single layer it will. But most of the movies i see now a days are all dual layer.

Yes DVDShrink is good to go from 1 DVD to another. If you have enought room the files are kept on your PC as well. So you could watch them. But not many people know how to watch the the Video_TS files. :p

dvd fab sucks. it's expensive and it is not that great of a encoder. you got to be a rocket scientist to work it anway.

dvd shrink is great, but nero recode is better. the same guy made both of them but he keep refining recode because nero bought his services and dvdshrink was outlawed because it had a dvd ripper in it. recode has the ability to use 4 processor to encode for superior quality and speed. shrink can't do that

I use anydvd now to decrypt it for nero recode. I use to use dvd shrink, dvd decryptor and rip it 4 me to rip all disc including the sony ones with the new copy protection. but anydvd make it a onestop process and it decrypts on the fly and in the background

autogk is another great ripper. but you will need an older version as some things were outlawed in the newer versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom