Right-click in Start>All Programs not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
First time I've seen this, and googling it only turns up a bunch of forum help threads with no answers, and some site that allegedly has an answer, but makes you pay them to view it....

It's a toshiba laptop (the odd and annoying kind where mouseover selects and single-click double-clicks), and when you click on the start menu and go into programs, right-clicking causes the main start menu to flicker over the all programs submenu, and am unable to access any submenus.

It was working just fine yesterday, and the only things I've done to it since then were to defrag and remove AOL Fast Start from HKCU Run and msmsgs from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions.

Try this: Right click on task bar > Properties > Start Menu tab > customize > Advanced tab > make sure 'Enable dragging and dropping' is enabled. I know that option makes it so you can right click start menu items as well.

I ended up running system restore to before I made the changes... that fixed it... then I made the exact same changes, and it did not reproduce, so I guess it's ok... just very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom