Ridiculous BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleInterra

Banned
Hey guys. This morning, I turned on my PC and tada - BSO-freakin-D. Everything was perfectly fine when I turned it off last night, but I come downstairs this morning, turn it on, and get a BSOD when the Windows loading screen comes up (I'm using Windows 2000 Professional).

Specs;
Abit AV8 Socket 939 K8T800Pro chipset
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice @ 2.5GHz (underclocked it to stock and still no fix)
Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 (was running with a divider)
Seagate Barracuda 80GB Ultra-ATA HDD (probably the culprit, you'll see soon) <-- Thing with that, it has a 35GB partition with Red Hat Linux on it. The rest of the 45GB have Windows 2000 Professional on it.
eVGA GeForce 6600GT AGP.

Here is the exact text that appears on the BSOD;

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x85E70CB0, 0xCooooo32, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your Hard Drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run SHKDSK /F to check for Hard Drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Refer to you Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors.

I didn't install anything new yesterday, and I restarted the computer fine yesterday as well. Looks like it can't find the Hard Drive (the error comes when the windows bar is loading). I've tried unplugigng and replugging the wires to the Hard Drive but no luck. I can't boot into any kind of safe mode.

Help.

Hmm, I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what the problem is. As you know, it just happened randomly without my consciously doing anything, so I'm not sure which one of the problem troubleshooters I should choose. I've collected a few links to the problem;

How to troubleshoot 0x0000007B Stop Errors in Windows 2000.

Windows 2000 Stop Mesages. <-- Interestingly in-depth. My problem (0x0000007B) comes near the bottom.

Now this last one comes from the issue that sometimes, during normal usage of the PC, I'd get a "Unauthorized Device Disconnection" error and it would show that my Samsung CD Burner was disconnected from the PC :confused:. I'm not sure if it was actually disconnected, but thats what the error showed. So this last link mught help with that;

STOP 0x0000007B: Inaccessible Boot Device After Removing CD-ROM.

I'm looking through them also, but I would appreciate help with this. I typed up the exact error message above, so you know as much as I do on the matter.

check the event viewer , start-->settings-->control panel-->administrative tools-->event viewer

I'm assuming that requires me to get into Windows? I can't log on, the BSOD appears when windows is loading.

forgot about that :confused: , anyway in the first MS support link theres a "List of specific issues"... is one of em the case?

Sadly no. Like I said, I didn't do anything at all to make this happen. The PC ran fine for many days (and it went through restarts) and I didn't download or install anything new, hardware or software. Then yesterday morning it just ups and crashes during Bootup. So yea, none of those.

Although that CD drive could be the problem. It would seem that there are problems with removing the CD drive and not doing anything else. Like I said, I got errors of the CD drive being disconnected while the PC was running fine, so there might be something there.

Thanks for your help Jeremy.

But funny thing happened. Dad ignored all advice given to him and "repaired" the drive. Its fixed :)

He says the culprit was the lack of space left on the system, so the pagefile couldn't do anything. I personally don't agree, but who the h3ll am I.

Thanks for your help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom