Retrieving my Vista serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Kaizer

Daemon Poster
I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I'm going to be changing my motherboard tomorrow, and I'm going to need to reinstall an OS. I don't have the serial key because I bought this computer pre-built. Is there any way I can retrieve the serial key from my computer? Also, is there a way I can legally download Vista so I can use my serial key (if possible)?

If not, I got this Server 2008 copy I can use, but I'm kind of skeptical about that. Is everything that's compatible with Vista compatible with Server 2008? Is it hard to make it into a usable OS to game on in DX10?

I highly doubt it, search for legal and untouched copies on torrent sites, look at the description to make sure it's not hacked.

As they said it is legal to download a Vista DVD. The serial is what matters and covered by the EULA and all that stuff. You aint that far i could snail mail you a copy in a day or 2. :p

As they said it is legal to download a Vista DVD. The serial is what matters and covered by the EULA and all that stuff. You aint that far i could snail mail you a copy in a day or 2. :p

I highly appreciate the offer, but fortunately it turns out that my friend who I'm helping build a new computer just got Vista Ultimate 64 bit, so I can just use his disc. High five! :D

It will only work if he bought a OEM version to match your OEM version. If he bought Retail then the serial you have wont work cause you have a OEM serial.

It would say 'Retail' on the disc, or 'OEM' or something similar. Will also say if its OEM or not on his serial sticker (as will yours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom