Retail and OEM Operating Systems???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehehe

So I guess i'm calling if I change the box again lol

Do you think they'll give him a problem with getting a new key for his vista OEM?

They might. Unless he uses a good excuse like his hard drive crashed...

xp oem media center gives us like 20 something activations before we call. then after one call we seem to get 10 more. I've personally activate one of my mce machines (I have 4 mce xp cd with 3 in use) at least 30 times with one call and another machine about 10 - 15 times with no call.

they obviously loosen up the activation policy on xp oem media center

For MCE i dont know for sure what the exact number is. But you can activate it on a single machine as many times as you want. It is the amount of different machines that counts. I ahve activated my MCE on this machine at least 50 times without a single call. But if i tried to install it on some other machine i would ahve to call.

I will see if i can fin dout the exact numbers on MCE.

If you buy OEM Vista and change your motherboard and have to call in, just don't tell them it's because you changed your motherboard, or you will be SOL from that point on. This policy that a Vista OEM license is bound to the motherboard really ticks me off. That is pretty much taking away our right to upgrade our computer beyond a certain point. I think that as long as you only have your copy of Vista on one machine, you should be able to do what you want with it. But unfortunately that's not how it is. I doubt that I will buy OEM anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom