Resuming from hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfagerstrom159

Baseband Member
I realize that this a very long question but i NEED HELP so take 10 minutes out of your day and help please!!!!!!

i hibernate my comp and when i turn it back on it goes to resume windows screen and then i dies and goes to the first screen again then a new screen pops up it says last time computer tried to resume it failed, restart system resume? or something close to that then it gives two options one is delete system restoration and continue to system restart the other is to continue to resume system.

now heres the problem when i go to select one of the options my keyboard wont respond so i cant even select what i wnat to do so i am pissed off so i keep holding the power button down until it goes to restart again and 7/8 of the time it does the same exact thing but about every 10 or so restarts my keyboard works and i can choose what i want to do i am lucky that i am even able to ask any one about this

just to clarify while all this is happening i cant ever get into windows

i finally got in to windows and thoght i had some sort of malware on my system

i have and avg antivirus and ad aware and spysubtract i used all of them scanned my comp for any bad things on it there were none i had all the latest definitions too

since i didnt find any thing there i tried to restart my comp and see what happens when i did that i got into windows just fine so i tought that all was good i did what i had to do on my comp and put it in to hibernate mode again i realize that this was very stupid considering what i had just done

so i come back the next day to do stuff again guess what it does what it did before so i did what i did before and finally got in

can anyone tell me what to do please

I would suggest not using hibernate. That seems to be the source of the problem. It could be a couple of things.
1. RAM problems. Try running MemTest86 and see what that tells you.
2. Bad restore point. After you get the machine up and running again force it to make a fresh restore point. If this hibernation problem still occurs then it is hibernate.

I would say if it is hibernate then your best option is just to use system standby. It doesnt hurt anything. I do it. I have been for over a year now with my machine.
Check your settings in the desktop properties to have your monitor shut off after 30 minutes or so. From there have you HDD and such shut down after 2 hours or so.
If you use this option make sure to turn off your hibernate. That will free up some HDD space as hibernate allocates the amount of RAM you have on your HDD so it can hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom