restarting every 10 min - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Unhappy restarting every 10 min

i have an error and my puter is restarting every 10 minutes or so and says I have a serious error it will go for so long and restart again anyhelp would be great thanks

Old 10-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to jcortes

first do this to try and get an error out of it. if it doesn't post an error its most likely a cooling problem.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 10-03-2006, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Sounds bad, you need to identify an indication at what can be causing this; being that it repeats, this leads me to think that it is a load error,(driver or operating system). If you are getting any error messages, relate the detales, if you're able to log on, describe the errors under the event log,( located at My Computer, Manage).
Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

this is one of the eroors that comes up when I log on
UI LCID=1033
TitleName=Microsoft Windows
DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=d1&BCP1=00000113&BCP2=00000002& BCP3=00000000&BCP4=81BAA299&OSVer=5_1_2600&SP=1_0& Product=256_1
DataFiles=C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111305-01.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\manda\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1A.tmp.d ir00\sysdata.xml
each time it is slightly different but mostly the same ,will give both a go and let you know
Old 10-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

o.k the first one didn't really do anything the error still came up when I restarted and the second there are some errors there one says
The FireDaemon service:svchost1 service failed to start due to the following error The system could not find the specified file and the other one has heaps of parameter errors?
any ideas?
Closed Thread