Restart Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
I installed a brand new copy of os not long ago maybe a month. The change was from a 2000nt os to xp home sp1. everything was going well and i also updated to sp2 and today i was browsing the web and all of the sudden my comp restarts. I ignored the restart and when the comp booted up i went on the internet again for som time i was idle then boom again it restarts by itself i duno what can be causing this. I scan with avg 7.0 no viruses or anything can anyone help me plz. Thanks -Von

There are several possibilities here.

1) SP2 is known to have a long list of incompatible programs, which may be conflicting with it and causing the restart.

2) You only have 128mb of RAM. Windows XP probably eats away most of that memory alone, and running other programs may totally eat away the system resources, which caused the restart to prevent the system from becoming unstable. Type "dxdiag" in run and check how much memory is being used,

3) Spyware/Adware may be the culprit, scan with spybot/ad aware and delete any files found.

4) You may have a dying power supply.

I will turn off the fans i installed cuz my psu is only 250watts. I scan for viruses/spyware 2 times per week. Maybe its the memory issue duno.Thanks-Von

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom