resizing OS partition - need app

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but thats a bootable disk right?..
i need something i can use remotely on a client

You cannot be booted into any native operating system and successfully resize partitions that are currently mounted and in use. That's why the live disk is the easiest and simplest solution to accomplish this task.

aka - remote assistance with partition editing is, do I dare say, impossible...

I would agree with Jayce on the impossible thing, unless you want to install some sort of software on the client's PC and you operate it via Team Viewer or some sort. But doing this, the client would have to restart the PC anyways which breaks your connection remotely. If you don't want a live CD since you cannot access it remotely, you can install EASEUS Partition Master, do what you gotta do and ask the client to restart to finish to process.

This might be risky though in the sense that if a wizard or any settings appear after you restarted, your client would have to deal with it unless you're via phone or some sort of contact.

All of this assuming remotely your interacting with a client...if not and it's for your own use then wish you luck.

The other thing to consider is this. Since it is being done remotely, not only is the connection going to be broke but if there are flags that are not set right, meaning the boot partition is changed, then the OS will not boot at all. So doing this remotely maybe possible, it is highly not recommended. As if you are not careful with what you do within that remote software you could leave the system in a state where it cant be used after teh changes are made.

It maybe free and it may work within Windows. But if you read my post above you would see that it takes a bit more than just the software to get this working right from remote access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom