"reset" windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfagerstrom159

Baseband Member
my has been acting funny lately i was just wondering if there is a way to make my system go back to a previous point wiping out all files that was made after that point

As long as you had system restore on it should be creating system restore points. I don't think it wipes out files though. I believe it only will roll back removing programs and apps that have been installed.

system restore will let you get rid of installs and files made at a certain date. You must have system restore set to a good size for it to work. Mine never works because its set to 100 MB.

Reformatting will lose all your files, but you will start fresh.

yea i know how to do it and i did it and it came up with a message saying that system restore failed so i did a "vaio system restore and it jsut screwed it up worse so i cant get into windows luckily i have a warranty it wouldnt that wouldnt fix it earilierbut now that it is completly dead they will replace it but thanks for all the info

is system restore on? Is that the exact error message? You can reinstal system restore if you want me to tell you how

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom