i found this article from MS
Error message in a Windows Server 2003-based domain or in a Windows 2000 Server-based domain: "The remote procedure call failed and did not run"
one of the solution is as follows. But i don't know how to capture a network trace...
can someone direct me to a right direction, pl?
To verify the RPC connectivity, follow these steps to capture network traffic:
1. Capture a network trace on both replication partner domain controllers at the same time.
2. Try to synchronize replication from one of the domain controllers.
3. Verify that the replication initiator sends the RPC Bind request on the replication RPC process.
4. Verify that the RPC Bind request arrives at the replication partner subnet.
5. Verify that the replication partner sends the RPC Bind Ack answer to the replication partner subnet.