Replacing Sys32 Files in Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
I have windows vista,, and I have some driver files I'm trying replace and it says I need permission or access is denied... I cannot change permissions because of it being a sys32 folder,,, and if i boot into safe mode i cant delete them that way eathier cuz it says access denied how do i do this??? some are in the sys32/drivers/ dir,,, and some are just in sys32 as .dlls, and .sys's...

You can to give yourself permission. Right click on the file. Under Properties. Then clisk the Security tab. From there click the Advanced Tab. Then click the Owner Tab. Then click Edit. Then select your user Profile. Click apply. A message should pop up saying something about giving you permission.

Then just click OK your way back to the Windows screen. You should now be able to edit the file and do what you want with it. You will have to do this for each and every file.

It's not highlighted.... I've done it before with a lot of programs,,,, but with my Sys32 folder its like DENIED. =/

You wont be able to do it with the whole folder. You will have to do it with indiviual files. With the System32 folder many of those are dedicated system files and wont allow for overwritting. So you ahve to only overwrite the ones you need. If they dont allow for it then you have to find real drivers.

Why is that? To keep stability of the system and prevent people from altering files that could cause system instability is stupid? Sorry but i have to disagree. System stability is what matters. By altering any of the files you take the chance of making the system unstable. With each file edit it becomes more unstable till finally it cant work.

Then you come around here and yell and gripe cause your system dont work. Just like with XP. So now they have prevented issues like this and you still complain cause they want to keep a sense of stability. I think that is more stupid than getting the correct driver files, instead of trying to alter them yourself...

wow u must be one **** of an awesome kid.... im complaining???? and griping??? yes sure sounds like it... pretty sure im just trying to replace one file.... and kind of makes me upset but im not WHINING!!! and explaining some huge story.... god **** man go back to playing the sims...

Kid? Im 30 years old. Sorry. Not a kid. Never played the Sims but you seem to know alot about it so i will let you have at it. Wait you sound like a WoW player to me.

I was just saying. You got all upset over not being able to change the folder. I jsut explained why you cant. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom