Replacing Drive-Path Instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Hey!

Does anybody know of any software (preferably free, but it doesn't matter too much) that you can change drive path instances with?

I've installed my OS, etc fresh again. To save me some time achieving a dual-OS boot, I decided to take an image of the C: partition and copy it over to the D: partition, then write the line in the boot file.

Anyway, as you can guess, everything on the D: partition refers to the C: partition. I need some kind of software that will scan the D: partition and replace every C: path that it finds with a D: path.

I know that Partition Magic does this. But, I can't quite afford that right now.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!
TMT.

I dont think were ignoring you..simply I am not sure that there is a way to do that. Wouldnt you have to get deep into the hives of the registry to change all the C:'s to D:'s? Peronsally I have never heard anything like that not even with partiion magic. What software did you use to make the image? When I use Norton Ghost I dont run into the problem. I can put the image on any partition and it will not retain the drive paths.

you have to get partition magic and use drivemapper or reinstall windows on the second partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom